cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have a scrollbar on Scroll List Container?

BParh.1
Senior III

Let say I define a 'Scroll List Container' in my Screen1 view. Inside the container I insert many items to the point they don't fit to the container view size. Is there anyway we can have scrollbar say on the right of the list and user can move up and down the list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BParh.1
Senior III

So I learned we can actually achieve this by dragging the scroll list container into scrollable container.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

The scroll list widget does not have that option, but the scrollable container does.

If you do not wish to work with a scrollable container you could try to create a custom scroll list by copying the scroll list code and adding the scroll bar settings based on the one used in scrollable container. Otherwise you can also fake a scrollbar by using a box widget that moves according to where you are in the list.

/Romain

BParh.1
Senior III

Thank you @Romain DIELEMAN​ , that is unfortunate, I wonder if this is can be point of future improvement?

The thing about using scrollable container; it does not have feature like scroll list which have a template of the list item which can be easily multiplied in user code space.

BParh.1
Senior III

So I learned we can actually achieve this by dragging the scroll list container into scrollable container.

How do you achieve that?

BParh.1
Senior III

By inserting the scroll list container into scrollabe container. This can be done by dragging the scroll list container into the scrollable container and you can adjust the scroll list size beyond the scrollable container. Hope it helps