cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the stm32f769i-disco board be operated in DSI Video Burst Mode?

LHege.1
Associate III

Hi,

I would like to make some tests with the DSI Video Mode on the Stm32F769 MCU. Is the Disco board and display capable to support video mode and how can it be configured in CubeMX?

If not possible with this display, is there another display compatible with the demo board to make some tests?

Thanks

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes @Community member​ , there are two examples under your repository (Link: C:\Users\..\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Examples\LCD_DSI) for single and double buffer (but only code without an ioc file).

Thanks for your contrition, Khouloud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

Thanks for your question,

The answer is yes, for the F769 Disco board, the DSIHOST can be configured with video mode through CubeMX, you need to first Activate HSE clock under RCC to be able to access to DSI. To select the video mode, the LTDC must be configured with a DSI mode.

Now, it's up to you to configure your IPs according to your needs ��

0693W000008wc4xQAA.png

Hope my answer helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Khouloud

LHege.1
Associate III

Hi Khouloud

Thanks, ok I already tried to configure it according to AN4860. Configuration seems to be possible. But I am not sure if the display of the stm32f769i-disco (UM2104) supports it. Communication is not working though the OTM8009A driver when I set video mode. Do you have a working example for the disco board in video mode?

Yes @Community member​ , there are two examples under your repository (Link: C:\Users\..\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Examples\LCD_DSI) for single and double buffer (but only code without an ioc file).

Thanks for your contrition, Khouloud

LHege.1
Associate III

Allright thanks that works! Whats the reason there is no CubeMX project? Is this not configurable over CubeMX? Or can you provide a ioc file?