cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All touch functions designed in TouchGX do work in simulation however not all on the target.

EDewi.1
Associate II

I am a newbe and have little software experience; I use TouchGFX for UI simulation. I use Keil as IDE . I created interactions with flexbuttons and all work in simulation however on target only partly working. Also when I clean up my design (deleting pictures) Simulation still works, also code generation but compilation gives errors.

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you give more detail on what interactions are not working ? Could you also give more context on your setup ? What board, what version of TouchGFX, Keil, how you created the project etc

Could you share the code or screenshots of how you set the interactions in TouchGFX Designer ?

/Romain

EDewi.1
Associate II

Dear Romain, I am happy you replied so fast, thanks for that. I use the following version for Keil: CubeMX 6.1.1

ToucGFX 4.16.1

Hardware is own designed board with STM32H750VBT6, Flash is 8MByte quad SPI.

Screen is RGB 320x240 in 565 mode.

The interaction is the following:

I only display full screen images (PNG) and the target is to make a demo (as software development is just started we want to make some impressions on how UI could look) The current design consist of 8 pictures (although more are in the design but I have issues deleting them (please advice)? Image 6 is the start image and after the screen transition a timer is started and when finished it goes to the next screen, when at screen 12 after the timer is finished we jump back to the start screen 6.

I added also two flex buttons per screen, one on the bottom part and one on the top part to be able to advance quicker to the next picture (the bottom Flex button) and one to go back to the previous picture (the top located flex button). In simulation this is all working, on the target everything works except the flex buttons to go back to the previous picture.

Questions:

• How to make the return to previous screen buttons work?
  • How to clean the older not used pictures in a good way so it still runs fine on the target?
  • (Not asked yet) Is there a way in the designer to add a function to stop/start the automatic carousel with an additional button

Thanks a lot!

Please find below a screen shot of the Designer:

Here the actions all based on screen 6 picture and the two flex buttons:(I had to split them)

EDewi.1
Associate II

0693W00000AMLXaQAP.png0693W00000AMLZBQA5.png0693W00000AMLWrQAP.png0693W00000AMLa9QAH.png0693W00000AMLaYQAX.png0693W00000AMLaiQAH.png 

The flex buttons to go to the next picture work but not to go to the previous one right ? In the screenshot the flex button 1 seems to take most of the screen, is the flex button 2 overlapping the other one or taking the rest of the screen ? I dont see something strange in the interactions you set, maybe just the "wait for" action that intrigues me ( i cannot remember if it freezes the rest of the GUI or not until the 6s have passed)

What do you mean exactly by the "older pictures not used" ? Do you mean they are not properly removed on your hardware and you can still see some of it ?

And what automatic carrousel 😅 ? Are you talking about stopping the running slide transition animation from a screen to another ? This is not possible but you can fake a screen transition if you wish: when you wish to go to another screen you will move the image to the left for example and move inside the screen from the right the new image you want to see. When the new image is set and the old one out of the screen you can then change screen without transition so that it is the same image displayed. With this you can do a button that will stop the movement of the images, and make for example move back the old image to the center.