cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Manager usage of USART1

amolina-nxt
Associate III

Does Secure Manager actually use USART1 when it comes up or is the initial serial output from the default app installed when I provision Secure Manager (SM)?
This output, I mean

================= General Infos ==========================

Flash Layout configuration index: <0x0>
Secure Manager Version: <1.0.0>
STuRoT Version: <1.0.0>

==========================================================

I saw in ROT_Provisioning/SM/Config/SM_Config_General.xml that had elements to change USART and associated GPIOs.

If so, is changing SM_Config_General.xml and re-create the obk enough to change it?
Or, is the SM hardcoded to USART1?

Also does the SM, release or stop using the USART, to allow the non-secure app to use the USART?

We have engineering H573-based boards, in which USART1 was already allocated to another function.
So, would like SM to not use USART1, and if needed, use another USART allocated (temporarily)  to a serial console

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frantz LEFRERE
ST Employee

Hello,

this traces are done by a default non secure application that is embedded by default  in the full SFI image.

Binary location of this default application ( 2 version depending on the number of ssecure module embedded, default is 0)
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\ROT_Provisioning\SM\Binary\appli_0.hex
or
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\ROT_Provisioning\SM\Binary\appli_1.hex

We do not provide the source of this basic application.

The SM doesn't produce any traces;-)

The HW resource used by SM is define on this wiki :
https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Security:SMAK_for_STM32H5
Chapter :

6.1.1 Secure Manager resources

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Frantz LEFRERE
ST Employee

Hello,

this traces are done by a default non secure application that is embedded by default  in the full SFI image.

Binary location of this default application ( 2 version depending on the number of ssecure module embedded, default is 0)
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\ROT_Provisioning\SM\Binary\appli_0.hex
or
STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1\Projects\STM32H573I-DK\ROT_Provisioning\SM\Binary\appli_1.hex

We do not provide the source of this basic application.

The SM doesn't produce any traces;-)

The HW resource used by SM is define on this wiki :
https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Security:SMAK_for_STM32H5
Chapter :

6.1.1 Secure Manager resources

amolina-nxt
Associate III

I didn't see any output from SM, but does SM configure the XML-selected USART anyway?
It seemed I had to do a disable (UE=0) before we could re-configure the USART.
Our USART init code exited when it tested that UE==1 as the first thing upon entry.

Note: we using LL_USART functions instead of HAL_USART functions to keep our code "lean and mean"