Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT_LOCK not cleared?

S-.1
Associate II

Hello,

RM0444.Rev5 page 98 says that it is possible to reset it only when:
• RDP is set to Level 0, or
• RDP is set to Level 1, while Level 0 is requested and a full mass-erase is performed.

I supposed that if RDP is changed from level1 to level0 then the BOOT_LOCK is also automatically removed after the mass-erase triggered by that RDP change.

Is that correct?

This is not what I see with STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.0 and stm32g031 chip because I have to manually remove it in a successive step.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @S-.1 

After regression from Level 1 to Level 0, the BOOT_LOCK bit is not automatically removed. But, you need to reset it manually according to the description on the RM0444.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @S-.1 

After regression from Level 1 to Level 0, the BOOT_LOCK bit is not automatically removed. But, you need to reset it manually according to the description on the RM0444.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.