cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find a table of STM32F745 DMA mappings to peripherals? In other words, what streams can I use for a peripheral?

JDwye.1
Associate II

I looked in corresponding reference manual (RM0385 rev 😎 but all it appears to give is an "example" tables on page 226, which does not match what STM32CubeMX 5.2.0 says.

I also could not find in the stm32f32F745xx datasheet (DocID027590 rev 4). The DMA application note (AN4031) points to the reference manual as the place to get the DMA peripheral mapping.

I'm looking to confirm what the STM32CubeMX is limiting my DMA mappings to.

5 REPLIES 5

0693W000000VtDqQAK.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JDwye.1
Associate II

Yes, I did see that, but it says they are "examples" and they do not match STM32CubeMX 5.2.0

This table is definitive, I wouldn't trust CubeMX to output functional code.

I was just confused why they say "their connection depends on product implementation" and then say here are "examples". To me, that says "this may or may not be correct for your chip". How do you know it's correct?

>>How do you know it's correct?

I guess you'd validate it yourself if you have sufficient doubt. The plumbing here comes from earlier STM32.

ST sells a mix of chips, some might not have all the peripherals in question, or be able to escape some peripherals in the limited subset of pins bonded out.

The Data Sheet typically deals with the peripheral/pin mix, the RM the more die level stuff, and depending on the STM32 might cover several different die.