what is the best book to learn stm32 programming

Acosi.1
Associate II

does anyone a a good suggestion

8 REPLIES 8
HTajb.1
Associate III

Hi,

Reading : "Mastering STM32" by: Carmine Noviello, is highly recommended.

Regards,

HT.

Piranha
Chief II

Learn the C programming language on your computer and then continue with this:

https://www.embeddedrelated.com/showarticle/453.php

Ozone
Lead

The whole embedded/MCU sector moves much faster than the paper publishing sector. A book is almost obsolete once it available in print.

I would focus on online resources instead.

And especially on embedded C in general. STM32 is not so much different from other Cortex M devices, and even other architectures.

gregstm
Senior III

..if you are interested in learning more about the nitty gritty of ARM processors, I can recommend "The Definitive Guide to ARM Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 Processors" by Joseph Yiu  - I've found it very helpful.

Googling often shows details of how to use various features. And sometimes how not to.

You just have find what those features are called

+1

I have a couple of the Joseph Yiu books, later ones covering more material.

When I moved from the ARM7/ARM9 parts I used the First Edition Definitive Cortex-M3 book to get my bearings.

As others have indicated having a good foundation of C on a PC is really good, easier to test ideas and algorithms, and also Micro-Controllers Architecture / MCUs in general, these things are all more alike than different. I personally feel understanding the plumbing is more important than specific makes/models, as these change far too rapidly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Acosi.1
Associate II

ok thanks guys i appreciate you oppions

".... C on a PC is really good, easier to test ideas and algorithms" - yes, I've been using Turbo Pascal for years to test various filters, FFT components, generate lookup tables etc.

Further on the Yiu books. I looked at the Programming manuals for the STM32 chips - they have most of the information required, but not in a form that is as easy to read and understand as the book.