cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have shortlisted STM32G431CBT3 controller for our new Automotive project. I would like to ask that Does ST provides the driver stack for this controller for free?

HMaka.2
Associate II

We are selecting a controller for our new Automotive project with CAN - FD connectivity, but we want to know whether ST provides the driver stack for CAN - FD for above microcontrollers for free.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please note that the STM32 including the STM32F431 are not automotive certified, i.e. you won't get any PPAP, AEC-Qxxx, etc.

Furthermore the HAL driver is available for FDCAN and is part of the firmware library in the source code. For which operating system should the FDCAN stack be used if the statement mentioned above is acceptable?

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please note that the STM32 including the STM32F431 are not automotive certified, i.e. you won't get any PPAP, AEC-Qxxx, etc.

Furthermore the HAL driver is available for FDCAN and is part of the firmware library in the source code. For which operating system should the FDCAN stack be used if the statement mentioned above is acceptable?

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.