cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575 and DCMI connections(Camera)

NoaTech
Associate II

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect between STM32U575ZITxQ to DCMI connections.
I found every single port in ST to the camera except "DCMI_MCLK"(external clk).
I looked at the DataSheet and Reference manual but I didn't see any information about the camera's connections.

Could you please help me with that? how can I connect that? which pin in ST? 

Thanks,
Noa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @NoaTech and welcome to the Community ,

As already mentioned by @Diane POMABIA , the AN5020 details the connexions between the camera module and the STM32 MCU in Figure 5.

KDJEM1_0-1687356785968.png

So, the "DCMI_MCLK"(external clk) should be connected to an external clock pin.

In your case, and after check the STM32U575ZITxQ datasheet, you can connect the "DCMI_MCLK" at pin 24.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Diane POMABIA
ST Employee

Hi @NoaTech 

There is  AN5020 which details through use cases the configuration of the DCMI.Here is the link to download the document:https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5020-digital-camera-interface-dcmi-on-stm32-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

In addition, there is an example available in the STM32U5 HAL library: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5/tree/main/Projects/STM32U575I-EV/Examples/DCMI/DCMI_ContinousCap_EmbeddedSynchMode

Regards

Diane

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @NoaTech and welcome to the Community ,

As already mentioned by @Diane POMABIA , the AN5020 details the connexions between the camera module and the STM32 MCU in Figure 5.

KDJEM1_0-1687356785968.png

So, the "DCMI_MCLK"(external clk) should be connected to an external clock pin.

In your case, and after check the STM32U575ZITxQ datasheet, you can connect the "DCMI_MCLK" at pin 24.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your answer

Thanks for that