Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L152 is not flashable

itfreak12
Associate II
Posted on September 05, 2013 at 14:42

Dear Community,

i have an STM32L-Discovery Board with 24 segment display. I wanted to flash a programm with Keil uVision V4.70.0.0 (STLink is set to SW, but no Cortex M device is found), with IAR Embedded Workbench V6.60.1.5104 and STM Studio V3.1.1. I always followed the instruction manual from st.com for setting up the project and for flashing it right. I also tried a few other options. But there was always a prompt, that the target could not be found. I installed the Driver Software from st.com without any success. I flashed the newest and older Firmwareversions and at the end there was a prompt, that it was installed successfully. The Controller works with the programm which was preinstalled. So, the Controller can not be out of work. I have no external debugger, but can only use the mini-USB-port. The Windows System indentifies the controller as ST-USB-Device (ST-Dongle). I had uninstalled the Windows-driver and installed the driver from Microelectronics. Without any changes. I have no clue, what to do.

The Chip hast the following label:

STM32L152

RBT6

GH20E VG

CHN GH 122

If anyone could help me, I would be lucky. This is for a project on university. Any sugestions.

Alex
11 REPLIES 11
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on September 11, 2013 at 08:49

Well I have no magic solution.

Getting the MCU into bootloader mode and trying a mass erase has at least a chance to succeed. And I would update the st-link firmware to the latest version, too.

itfreak12
Associate II
Posted on September 20, 2013 at 21:17

@ fm:Thank you. I will look at this circuit.

The newest Firmware should be flashed, accroding to st.com. I should have the Board in Bootloader-Mode. I connected BOOT0 to VDD.