cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750XBH6 Unused pins = Unconnected pins. Is it ok to only leave them floating? I prefer to not to connect them to GND ?

BHell.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK, GPIOx_ASCR is only in the 'L47x/'L48x. so not even in all 'L4.

JW

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes

If configured as analogue inputs the schmitt trigger digital input buffer is disconnected, so it shouldn't oscillate

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Björn Erik Hellerstedt​,

As mentioned by @Community member​, you can find AN4899 in section 7 in that unused pins should be configured as analog input as it reduces power consumption. Also, in section 6, it is recommended to avoid floating unused pins. You should either connect them to ground or to VDD.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nikita91
Lead II

Hi @F.Belaid​ ,

I read the AN4899 (rev3 mar 2022), and it mentions the register GPIOx_ASCR in multiple places.

What is this register? I cant found it in RM of F1, F4, G4, H7.

It is not mentioned in the section 2.2 Register abbreviations.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Nikita91​, 

First, GPIOx_ASCR register is specific to some series. For example, you can find it in L4 Reference Manual section 8.5.12. This register is used to configure the analog connection of the IOs to the ADC input.

Second, AN4899 note is applicable to all ST MCUs.

0693W00000UnQhYQAV.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AFAIK, GPIOx_ASCR is only in the 'L47x/'L48x. so not even in all 'L4.

JW

Nikita91
Lead II

Thanks, I learned something.

In fact, this concerns more the use of analog devices than the configuration of GPIO, and this may be why the application note does not talk about it much.

FBL
ST Employee

Indeed @Community member​. Thanks for the clarification.

Please @Björn Erik Hellerstedt​ if your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.