cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H5 Programming

John_E
Associate

I have previously used the STM32F103C8T6 is a number of projects and was considering switching to the STM32H503RBT6. My use case is low volume R&D work. With the F1, I would use JTAG for programming but the option isn't available for the H5 in CubeMX under SYS. I was curious what others used for programming this chip.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

SWD ( = reduced JTAG ) is used as a standard .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

SWD ( = reduced JTAG ) is used as a standard .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @John_E ,

Welcome in our community and very glad to see your application use to migrate from STM32F103C8T6 to STM32H503RBT6 and very curious why upgrading to 64LQFP and 128Kbytes of flash 🙂 and not using STM32H503C8T6 ?  

This is a normal upgrade path and we tried to keep a coherent hardware compatibility and boost the performance and the features from 72MHz running Cortex-M3 to 250MHz with Cortex-M33 .  As well explained by @AScha.3  , today standard programming is SWD and also debug with much more features versus Legacy JTAG which is still present as well on H5 series .

At your disposal for any help .

by the way , STM32F103 is based on 180nm Technology and  available on market in 2007, STM32H503 is using 40nm Technology ( 450% more compact on same silicon size) and designed  available on market 2023.  Hope you will enjoy the innovation inside and all experience we put inside to make you release your Creativity !

Cheers,

STOne-32 

Thanks for the welcome! I'm planning on using the RBT6 because the project I'm currently working on has a fair amount of GPIO, and I wanted to leave a 5 pin margin for future expansion.  One of the reasons why I chose the H503 was the recent release and the 10 year support for it.