cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE and UHD/4k screen, Part 2

Mick P. F.
Senior

Hello,

I'm trying to adjust the size of icons and fonts in STM32CubeIDE (Version 1.6.1) to the display on a 4k screen, because they are too small on such screens, it really hurts the eyes. I found a couple of suggestions for solving this problem on the Internet.

There is a working solution to enlarge the icons:

Add following lines to the file „stm32cubeide.ini“ (in original Eclipse „eclipse.ini“):

-Dswt.enable.autoScale=true
-Dswt.autoScale=150
-Dswt.autoScale.method=nearest

If you implement it and call STM32CubeIDE, the window looks very confused (see the attachment “STM32CubeIDE Start.png�?). If you move the mouse pointer over the buttons/icons, their size changes to the desired size (see the attachment “STM32CubeIDE Mouse over Buttons.png�?). I suspect that the old representation is cached somewhere and that the new representation is not activated properly as a result. Is it right?

To change the font size in the menus, I found a single solution:

Add following lines to the file „plugins/org.eclipse.ui.themes_1.2.1000.v20200528-1125/css/e4_basestyle.css“:

* {
	font-size: 16;
}

But it doesn't seem to work at all.

Are there perhaps also working solutions for these two problems?

I would be grateful for any working solution!

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

If you set Compatibility -> High DPI Settings to override and System (Enhanced), things work fairly well. You'll probably need to undo your other changes. This can be found by right clicking on the program icon and going into properties.

0693W00000APQCcQAP.png 

Edit: this is for Windows.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Mick P. F.
Senior

Sorry, I've forgotten to write: I'm using STM32CubeIDE under linux (Ubuntu-20.04-64). It does not know anything about such settings...