cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 USB Device Not Recognized - Sometime recognized but not working

tteksoy
Associate II

I have a simple STM32H753VIT6 board with simple power circuitry and USB connection also 25Mhz xtal.

I can program the board in DFU mode and verifies fine. I do not have the LSE xtal. not sure if it is needed for the USB operation. Complete circuit diagram attached. Can any one help me why am I failing with such a simple board.

Thanks

Stm32H753.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, the LSE is for time .. rtc ; if you have HSE , just need to set clock tree to have 48M at the usb-clock.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Get a USB bus analyzer (a real one, not software). Look for anomalies.

Thanks for quick reply, I am a retired hobiest. Based on rule of thumb experience is the circuit ok, do I need LSE xtal for usb functionaliy. I know the debug port pins are wrong. But power circuit and all seems to work but not USB except during DFU mode.

AScha.3
Chief

Just - whats on pins VCAP , Vref+  ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Like in the circuit diagram they are floating and not connected. Thanks for reply. This is the complete circuit diagram.

Thats wrong.

Need caps on VCAP . (core supply !)

see ds ...

AScha3_0-1717928355190.png

Without caps...any random behavior possible... 🙂

+

Vref+ -> see manual, if you want any analog function on yor chip, like ADC ...

usually vref+ on Vdda = Vdd :

AScha3_1-1717928715700.png

tteksoy
Associate II

Thank you very much, I guess I have over optimized. Do I also need the second LSE xtal for USB operation. May be I should just included it any way, better safe than sorry. Just curious though. I really appreciate your answer.

No, the LSE is for time .. rtc ; if you have HSE , just need to set clock tree to have 48M at the usb-clock.

tteksoy
Associate II

Thank you very much all the help,  much appreciated. Thanks