cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST LINK V3 MODS error DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERROR ?

parth kothiya
Senior

i recently purchase STLINK V3 MODS i connect using SWD connection as STLINK V2 .

i am using stm32cubeprogrammer for programming when i press connect it gives error

st link error DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERROR .

what is the problem and how can i solve it?

4 REPLIES 4
Szujo
Associate II

I have same situation. I tried to look up any solutions , but nothing. 

Very little meat here to work from.

What STM32 model are you connecting too?

Custom board? Good wiring and grounds?

The ST-LINK/V3 need a high quality USB cable, cheap/charger cable are often no good. Have some marked/rated for USB 2.0 480Mbps operation,will likely be wider and have shielding.

Speed of SWD can also now exceed that of some STM32 parts, ie CM0(+) ones

Make sure your interface connects NRST for the "Connect Under Reset", etc to actually do anything.

Find some diagnostic skills, it will help

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Szujo
Associate II

It seems to me, that if you solder the pin "T_Vcc" (pin 30) the error message will be disappeared , but the programer would not works. :-(

Szujo
Associate II

I try to use STM32F103C6., blue pill modul.

I worked with this modul earlier. I programmed with a clone stlink-V2 via 3 pin. It was everything ok, but I updated STMCube, unfortunately. :-(

After the update I couldn't download the new firmware to the clone programmer. I bought a St V3 programmer , and there is not a correct description which pins need to use, which pins are optional. Let's it hang...

So, thank you for your advitice! I will try to use nrst pin.

I thing the usb cabel is good, because StmCubeMx is recognize the IC type. But I will change it too.