cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMPS Electrical Specifications

ASlep.2
Associate II

Would you be able to provide electrical specifications for the integrated SMPS of STM32U585CIU? Specifically: power efficiency at different loads, output current capability, switching frequency, etc.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ASlep.2​, to the community!

The SMPS in the STM32U5 is designed exclusively to supply the internal parts of the STM32 and is not available for external devices/circuitry, which is why there are no parameters for output current, frequency etc. in the data sheet.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @ASlep.2​, to the community!

The SMPS in the STM32U5 is designed exclusively to supply the internal parts of the STM32 and is not available for external devices/circuitry, which is why there are no parameters for output current, frequency etc. in the data sheet.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ASlep.2
Associate II

If the power efficiency is low, I might prefer supplying the core from an external, more efficient regulator. Without efficiency numbers it's hard to tell.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, there are quite extensive tables in the data sheet of the STM32U585IU with values of the current consumption in LDO and SMPS operation, which also contains comparable measurement criteria. You should be able to estimate the efficiency from these tables?

Regards

/Peter

If I assume that all the power is taken by the core, then yes, you're right, I can deduce the efficiency. Still, I was hoping that you already have the numbers and can save me the trouble.

Anyway, thank you Peter for answering my questions. That was helpful.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter