cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Preset Data to STM32F373

LMorr.3
Senior II

I have an app running on an STM32F373 and need to save 'presets' as persistent non-volatile data.  Each preset is 500bytes and I would like to save at least 100 presets.

What is the simplest method?  Should I use a removable SD card type solution, or is there non-volatile memory I can use which will take enough 'read-write' cycles to be used to save presets?  I guess having a removable SD card solution would have some benefits, like using json file format so presets can be created outside the uC.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

You can use a page in flash to store non-volatile memory. ST calls this "EEPROM emulation" and has a library for it. Doesn't have to be that fancy though.

Flash pages generally are guaranteed through 10k write cycles.

Could also use an EEPROM chip, or FRAM, or similar nonvolatile storage solution, which will have more cycle endurance.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

You can use a page in flash to store non-volatile memory. ST calls this "EEPROM emulation" and has a library for it. Doesn't have to be that fancy though.

Flash pages generally are guaranteed through 10k write cycles.

Could also use an EEPROM chip, or FRAM, or similar nonvolatile storage solution, which will have more cycle endurance.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".