cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with USART with stm32f103c8t6 microcontroller

mat25nt
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2013 at 11:19

Hi everyone!! I'm working on my very first project as engineer with a friend and colleague. We bought th eval board with the f4 and f100 series microcontroller on. We tested our code on both of them and everything's fine. As soon sketched and produced our board and soldered all the components we're not having the stm32f103c8t6 (the same family of the one on the f100 eval board) working on the USART. The other internal and external peripherals are working and we checked for errors or cc on the board or solders.

So we were wondering about if a external crystal oscillator is needed, any other ideas??
11 REPLIES 11
mat25nt
Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2013 at 17:52

Well, now it works...finally!! After setting the HSI as clock source to PLL it didn't worked but only after cutting out the clock to the AFIO periph the comunication started. That seems weird to me, the RX port is on IN_FLOATING mode the TX on AF_PP mode as clive1 wrote (and also everyone else online), why it should be an error setting the AFIO periph ''clocked''??

Posted on March 29, 2013 at 20:01

I don't know, but might surmise that you have some other code remapping a peripheral which won't occur with AFIO disabled.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..