cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while connecting stlink v-2(isol) and stm32f103c8

Elango
Associate II

Hi Everyone,I'm unable to connect to my STM32F103c8 board using an ST-Link/v2(isol).

I connected the cables as mentioned in ST-Link/v2 manual:

PIN1  (VAPP)      -> VDD
PIN7  (TMS_SWDIO) -> SWIO
PIN9  (TCK_SWCLK) -> SWCLK
PIN20 (GND)       -> GND

Here is the physical connection,after connecting VAPP to vdd target is not powered on 

i attached the image below (connection bw debugger and target.jpg) while giving external supply using st link v2 clone it displays target not connected  the connection was(target_on.jpg) 

in log trace it shows

ST-Link/V2 device detected
Target voltage detected: 3.072181
Error getting target IDCODE: if SWD, check SWD connection
Error (4) while initializing ST-Link in SWD mode

software settings and log messages are attached below(setttings.jpg)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ONadr.1
Senior III

Try to press the reset button and release it just before the connection is established. If the connection succeeds, it is advisable to perform a mass erase.

The MCU on these boards is usually counterfeit and ST-Link then refuses to connect to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ONadr.1
Senior III

Try to press the reset button and release it just before the connection is established. If the connection succeeds, it is advisable to perform a mass erase.

The MCU on these boards is usually counterfeit and ST-Link then refuses to connect to it.

AScha.3
Chief II

Try using the stm32CubeProgrammer -> https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

(if not "find" your ST-Link/V2 , try older version, maybe 2.8.0 )

then show, what its telling...

+ check on your "blue pill" board: is there a STM... chip or CK or other manufacturer "F103" .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Elango
Associate II

Hi sir,thank you for your suggestion now it works fine