cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpetual 'Login failed. Please try again.' for your Webinars recently!

GBodl.1
Associate

I have successfully attended many of your webinars in the past, but have recently been unsuccessful.

I registered for the 26 March 2020 event, and received emails confirming that, plus reminders 'ST webinar tomorrow/is in 1 hour'

Trying to get to the event more than 15 minutes before the start was rejected, but I eventually succeeded, and afterwards, received a 'Thank you for attending' email.

The 31 March 2020 was similarly accepted, with reminders, but even within the 15 minute pre-start window, my attempt was rejected - it just presented a small window stating 'Login failed. Please try again.'

So I tried re-registering, but you said I was already registered, and refused me. 

I ran your compatibility check, and it said the Operating System, Browser and Cookies all passed.

Exactly the same result for the 9 April Webinar. Very frustrating.

On the same desktop PC running Windows 7 Professional, my Browser was Google Chrome;  so I tried Internet Explorer, still failed in exactly the same way.

Maybe you don't like Windows 7 Professional any more? (I find it superior in many ways to 8 or 10, both of which I also have).

But Win 8.1 on a laptop fails in exactly the same way. I could try Windows 10 on a tablet, but I have no faith it will make any difference.

Am I doing something wrong, or is your webinar software buggy?

Many thanks.

Graham Bodley

2 REPLIES 2
Mohamed Aymen HZAMI
ST Employee

Hello,

Which Webinar exactly ?

Best Regards,

Mohamed Aymen.

Thanks for the reply! I apologise if I posted this in the wrong forum, I couldn't find a 'general enquiries' forum until later. Here are the 3 webinars that refused my attendance (extracted from the emails you sent me, proving that I /*ought*/ to be able to connect!) The first one refused many times, but /*eventually */allowed me in - but the last 2 /*never*/ allowed me in: 3pm CET Thurs 26 March - ST's webinar on STM32CubeIDE for STM32L5 series of microcontrollers <> will start *in 1 hour*. 3pm CET Tues 31 March -  ST's webinar on Discover the high-performance universal ST25R3916 NFC reader IC <> will start *in 1 hour*. 3pm CET Thurs 9 April - ST's webinar on STM32MP1 MPU and DH electronics’ SOM product family <> will start *in 1 hour*. One thing I thought /*might */be a problem: I have an external hardware router/firewall (Cisco RV110W). Is it possible that there is some internal port prohibition that your webinar provider needs in order to run? I think it is set up to reject 'Ping' requests, as these are often used by rogues, but sometimes by genuine sites to confirm IP validity - does your system do that? There may well be some ports that are blocked, but your setup information does not say anything about special needs. If you program gave me a clue as to /*why */it failed, then I could track down a solution -/but merely saying/ '*/Login failed. Please try again./*' /is not helpful!/ What I could try, next time (if it fails again), is to set up my mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot, and connect a notebook to the webinar via that link (rather than connection by copper, through the hardware firewall). It my be unusably slow for a webinar, but (not having the firewall), connection success would suggest it was a firewall problem. If your technical people said something like 'you need to set your firewall up to allow ports /nnn /and /mmm/', then I could look up how to do this (the documentation for the RV110W is huge but not very good!) Thanks again for your help. Graham Bodley