cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to program STM32F407G-DISC1 via onboard ST-LINK. In STM32CubeProgrammer Target voltage is detected as 0.

nilesh-g
Associate

I purchased a new STM32F407G-DISC1 (MB 997D) board last week. As shown in many of the videos, I am not able to program it using STM32CubeIDE. Tried with ST-Link utility & STM32CubeProgrammer as well but no luck. I observed target voltage is detected to be zero.

Neither ST-Link firmware upgrade is working (Error: Unknown Firmware Type. Don't know how to upgrade).

Tried giving additional power supply to +5 V pins & Gnd. Still, that didn't work as well. Since I am not using any external components, I was expecting to get this work smoothly (as shown in most of the video tutorials), but it didn't.

Finally could program board over UART. However onboard ST-LINK is not yet working. I'm a newbie for the ST family. Any clue/hints will be of great help.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

It should just work. Not sure what else to add. You could measure the power rail, but that's probably fine if you're programming over UART. Does the ST-Link debug probe show up in device manager?

If it was me, I would return the board for a new one if it was easy enough to do so. Where did the board come from?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I purchased the board from https://www.tanotis.com/products/stmicroelectronics-stm32f407g-disc1-development-board-for-stm32f407vg-foundation-line-mcu-various-sensors-indicator-leds

ST-Link is visible in the device manager. Drivers were installed with CubeIDE.