cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New STM32 Project in IAR EWARM

akp25i
Associate II
Posted on October 24, 2013 at 19:28

How the ''CMSIS'' and ''EWARM '' fields seen in ''workSpace window '' are added in a New IAR EWARM Project , what settings are used while creating project , any Example from ST for stm32xxx comes with a project which has These fields , but when i create a new IAR project for stm32xxxx , these fields are not added by default , i select ''Use CMSIS'' in Project->option->General option->Library configuration , but still ''CMSIS'' component does not appears in , neither ''EWARM'' component , are these Fields added Manually , since they are part of almost every ST cortexm3 example i think they should be generated by IAR

#know-your-tools
1 REPLY 1
Posted on October 24, 2013 at 21:27

i think they should be generated by IAR

Perhaps, but I think that is something IAR expects the developer to manage. ST provides TEMPLATE projects for the explicit purpose of providing a starting point without going into the minutia of creating a project and all the attendant meta-data related to include paths, and defines. The developer is expect to be able to drive the tools they purchased.

I'd strongly suggest you navigate your way around the template project, and understand how it is constructed, and what settings/options are desirable for your application.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..