cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any app, similar to "st-link utility" that i could use with a android tablet?

KSkor.1
Associate III

Hi,

i develop 100% of my code in my workshop or office, but sometimes i wish i could do some very light modification to a parameter or baud or something in the field and i dont really fancy carrying my expensive workstation laptop around.

So i wonder if there is an app for android (or ios) similar to stlink utlity, so i could connect st-link debuger via otg usb to tablet and flash new code(modifing can be done easly in any notepad type app) in the field?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"what exactly deaf and drop programming is? Google does not find anything useful"

😂

Pretty sure that should be, "drag and drop" ?!

ie, where the ST-Link appears as a USB Mass-Storage Device, so you can just drag your .bin file from wherever you keep it, and drop it onto the ST-Link's MSD.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Any STLINK > V1 offers a mass storage device for deaf-and drop programming.Is'nt that what you need?

Javier1
Principal

you could try remote desktops, aydesk works well for me

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

thk, will try with aydesk. Tried to make it work with google remote desktop, but didnt have any luck with sharing tablet USB port with pc running the St-link.

can you post link to a white paper or some explanation of what exactly deaf and drop programming is? Google does not find anything useful.

*anydesk (typo)

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

"what exactly deaf and drop programming is? Google does not find anything useful"

😂

Pretty sure that should be, "drag and drop" ?!

ie, where the ST-Link appears as a USB Mass-Storage Device, so you can just drag your .bin file from wherever you keep it, and drop it onto the ST-Link's MSD.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

"some very light modification to a parameter or baud or something in the field"

Surely, it would be far better to give your app a configuration interface for such changes - not the kind of thing you want to be rebuilding the code for?

Ok, now i feel double stupid, for not getting he meant DRAG and drop and for not thinking of it in first place. Thank for claryfiny it.

depends on the project. Most of mine are compiled in few seconds, maybe half a minute tops, so really, rebuilding code is not a problem. And tried this weekend using CubeIDE and anydesk remote, with drag and drop programing via stlink. it all work together as a charm.

But yea, in case of big project with budget for development of interface to set parameters via usb connection and a simple terminal program on tablet side, this is viable solution.