cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update firmware using dual bank?

HAPPYDAY
Associate II

I know that STM32L071C8 supports dual bank.

I wonder if it is possible to update the firmware using dual bank.

For example, in the 1-bank program, the LED toggles once per second. Is it possible to write a new firmware binary (toggle led once every 2 seconds) to 2-bank while the 1-bank program is running? Of course, when new firmware is being written to 2-bank, 1-bank program must be running without stopping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello GW.1,

it is definitely possible to update firmware using the dual bank structure of the STM32L0x MCU. It is documented as on-the-fly firmware update and we have prepared for it an application note AN4767 where the process is documented. Together with this document we have prepared example codes for few representative MCUs.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello GW.1,

it is definitely possible to update firmware using the dual bank structure of the STM32L0x MCU. It is documented as on-the-fly firmware update and we have prepared for it an application note AN4767 where the process is documented. Together with this document we have prepared example codes for few representative MCUs.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!