cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing NAND flash K9F1G08U0B to stm32f103ZET6

renukaradhya
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2015 at 12:13

Hi, i have intefaced K9F1G08U0B to stm32f103ZET6 controller to store few images and use it later in my application, but i want to know is it possible to store multiple files with different offset address.  I came to know from datasheet of above said nand flash that we can able to erase data only in block wise but i want to it is possible to erase data in page wise. please help me how to overcme this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 01, 2015 at 18:10

You have to manage the NAND device and it's blocks. Normally people layer a file system on top, but this isn't required if you're willing to explicitly manage where you put data.

Yes, you're likely to need to erase large blocks, to overwrite/insert data into a large block you have to read the original data to a holding buffer, erase, and write back the old/new data. Alternatively you can advance to a new, empty, large block and write the old/new data in there, and then invalidate the old data.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
renukaradhya
Associate II
Posted on September 04, 2015 at 08:08

Hi clive thank you for your fast reply, on what basis we connect FSMC_A16 --> CLE and FSMC_A17--> ALE of NAND flash