cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't complete the download and debug of my STM32F401 Nucleo-64 MCU on IAR on Windows 11 because i get the following error "Failed the search for probes, ensure that the USB drivers are installed".

GParr.1
Associate II

I have found that under the windows 11 control panel the ST-Link driver is not correctly recognized. Please see the attached picture about this.

There were no problems of this sort on windows 10, it only occured on windows 11. I tried to reinstall the driver without success.

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Please right click on the ST-LINK and open properties. What is the error number?

Do you remember what exactly you did to reinstall the driver?

GParr.1
Associate II

It says that the drivers are not installed (code 28), but i performed the installation as requested with IAR Embedded Workbench that has a specific section for the drivers installation.

I've also tried to download them from the net and install them myself, but the result was the same.

@GParr.1​ "i performed the installation as requested with IAR Embedded Workbench that has a specific section for the drivers installation"

If you've followed IAR's own documentation, and that hasn't worked, you should be taking that up with IAR.

Does the St-Link work with any other IDE(s) ?

The installation worked without any problems on windows 10 and i was able to upload programs and work on the STM32F401 MCU without any errors showing up.

Recently I had to switch to a computer with windows 11, i re-installed the IAR program from scratch like i did the first time on windows 10. IAR still works perfectly on the new OS, but the STM32F401 doesn't.

I haven't tried it with any other IDEs because i was told to use IAR for my projects.

@GParr.1​ Try to install the driver manually.

Download the driver package from

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link009.html

and unzip into some directory.

Then right click on the ST-LINK, select Install, Browse for drivers... and point it to the unzipped directory.

If new uninstalled devices show on, repeat.