cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Upload Code Through STM32 Cube IDE Without Using External Debugger

kirito2908
Associate II

Hello,

I'm Working With STM32 Blue Pill But I Don't Have ST Link Or Any Other External Debugger. I've Flashed The Bootloader In It And Have Tried To Make It Work With Arduino IDE And It's Working Fine But I Want To Make It Work With STM32 Cube IDE. It's Showing A Dialogue Box Saying "No ST Link Detected" And The Code Is Not Getting Uploaded.

Does Anyone Know If It's Possible To Upload A Code Using STM32 Cube IDE Without Using Any External Debuggers Like ST Link ? If Yes, Than How Can I Make It Work (I Don't Care If It's Easy Or Not, I'll Do It As Long As It's Possible) ? And If No, Than Will I Really Have To Buy ST Link ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Saurabh NISHAD
ST Employee

Hello @kirito2908 

There is currently no known solution to flash firmware from STM32CubeIDE via bootloader.

However, I suggest that you use STM32CubeProg to flash firmware via the STM32 system bootloader, which supports UART/USB/SPI depending on the MCU and its peripherals.

Once you have tried this, you can integrate STM32CubeProgCLI into STM32CubeIDE to flash firmware.

I recommend that you refer to AN3155 - USART Bootloader for guidance, as well as other documents that provide peripheral information.

Regards,
Saurabh NISHAD
Sr. Application Engineer,
MDG-GPM

The way to go would either use the System Bootloader and use *USB* *NOT* *ST-LINK* connectivity, or use the Arduino methods to send a binary or hex file built for the appropriate memory location.

You don't have an ST-LINK, stop expecting it to find one. With the BOOT0 pin HIGH it should find the board as a USB Device or facilitate USART connectivity modes.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for sharing this..

Here, we also struggling to resolve the same issue..

But i have tried with ubuntu linux machine. 

Could you please find the screenshot and let me know if any further process available to resolve this issue!!

Thank in advance. 

IMG-20231013-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20231013-WA0001.jpg