cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Read Status Register and write data in MemoryMapped Mode of Hyperflash on STM32H7.

JRS
Associate III

This is a follow up to the Topic OctoSPI configuration for hyperflash, as I do not think it has a definitive answer.

I have the cypress S26 Hyperflash Memory connected to the OSPI Interface and configured it for Hyperbus transaction. Also I want to use the CubeMX HAL Layer.

The good part is, I can enter Memory Mapped mode and read out the CFI ASO (nicely displayed on the memory-map of the debugger), so the hyperbus and connection and the part itself should be working.

However when reading the status register in mem mapped mode I just get 0xffff. Same for the other ASOs. Also any write (word or buffer) does not seem to affect anything. This looks like a problem with consecutive commands (?) as Enter and exit CFI requires only one command.

Also in indirect mode (using HAL_OSPI_HyperbusCmd followed by either HAL_OSPI_Transmit or HAL_OSPI_Receive) the data is 0xffff, unless I activated the CFI in memmapped mode and exited that mode (a bit messy, but then I can get the CFI Data also in Indirect mode ).

So I was wondering if anyone can share the info how they got their hyperflash working in either mode with writing data.

0 REPLIES 0