cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with stm32f0discovery

Nidhal Abidi
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 02:00

Hi I'm new with stm32, I bought an stm32f0discovery but I can't work with it I wanna get help or some tutorial please.

32 REPLIES 32
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 10:51

Andrew Neil wrote:

don't be so stingy...

Indeed!

:)

fdan00
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 14:27

'

Is it possible to flash arduino via the ' ISP header 6-pins' ??? '

yes, on any chip made by anyone so long as it follows STM's programming protocol.

Posted on February 02, 2018 at 16:10

Nidhal, 

The Arduino you refer, uses 8bit AVR microcontrollers like (ATmega168, ATmega328,  etc.). This Nucleo board has an Arduino connector (I don't know which is the pinout for your specific board) and have the Arduino Libraries ported to the STM32 microcontroller. 

Now, there is the Arduino ISP scketch that can transform a simple original Arduino board into an ATmega programmer. If the Arduino libraries were correctly and completely ported to STM32, you can indeed transform the STM32 into an ATmega/Arduino programmer that can program ATmega chips but there are the same restrictions as for the Arduin DUE and Arduino ZERO. 

I suppose you bought this board and found that is to hard to work with and now you would like to program an ATmega controler as Arduino board...  ask someone near your place to solve your problem, as this is beyond beginner's level.