cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the disabling of VREFINT influences BOR?

anonymous.8
Senior II

we have a STM32L07CBT6 and we want to disable the VREFINT with following HAL functions

HAL_PWREx_EnableUltraLowPower()

HAL_PWREx_EnableFastWakeUp()

but still want to use the BOR. Therefore I checked the section of VREFINT (6.2.4) and BOR (6.2.2) in the reference manual

0693W000001cJN4QAM.jpg

0693W000001cJNJQA2.jpg

0693W000001cJNOQA2.jpg

According to manual and some online research it’s not clear how VREFINT influences the BOR?

Best regards

Gerd Mueller

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

What isn't clear about that? VREFINT is enabled when BOR is enabled. Sounds like VREFINT provides the voltage reference for the BOR comparator.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
anonymous.8
Senior II

For example VREFINT influences the ADC internal temperature sensor (explained in the manual), which I don't need. So I can still use the ADC for my use-case, but for BOR maybe some 'feature' is influeunces which I don't know and maybe don't need.

In total, when I want to use the BOR all the time, it's not possible to disable VREFINT permanently and I will lost one power saving feature?

TDK
Guru

That's what it says. I don't know what happens if you try to disable it, maybe enabling BOR overrides whatever setting you put in.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".