cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, i am checking IPMB Supported MCU(MMC) Which should able to communicate with BMC Please advice

MKuma.9
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As you probably know, JTAG was originally developed for testing boards/assemblies, and debugging was added later. In your case you need a JTAG host to access a JTAG slave, which is usually not implemented in microcontrollers.

To answer your questions: The JTAG port can only be used for debugging and testing the STM32. You could try implementing a JTAG host with bit banging, but it's not an easy task.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MKuma.9​, to the community!

IPMB is based on I2C, so basically all STM32 are able to communicate with a BMC.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MKuma.9
Associate II

Hello Peter,

Thank You,

Is there any example software is available for same ?

Regards,

Manu

If you want to communicate with a BMC via I2C, you should know its protocol so that you can write the software for the communication yourself.

Regards

/Peter

MKuma.9
Associate II

Can you suggest Any MCU With JTAG.

Regards,

Manu

Almost all STM32 offer a JTAG interface if the number of pins allows.

Regards

/Peter

MKuma.9
Associate II

With supported JTAG Is it possible access external SoC JTAG ? Or its only for MCU Debugging purpose ?

My application is used to access SoC JTAG from BMC Through MMC By using IPMB-I2C.

Regards,

Manu0693W00000FDQmqQAH.png

As you probably know, JTAG was originally developed for testing boards/assemblies, and debugging was added later. In your case you need a JTAG host to access a JTAG slave, which is usually not implemented in microcontrollers.

To answer your questions: The JTAG port can only be used for debugging and testing the STM32. You could try implementing a JTAG host with bit banging, but it's not an easy task.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter