cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery boards no longer recognized by Atollic Truestudio IDE

benedikt2
Associate
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 02:28

I've got several Discovery boards (2 F4s, and some others).

I've got the last version of the Atollic Truestudio Lite IDE before they added a code size limit, v2.3 I think, installed on 3 PCs.

I hadn't used them for many months, and when I tried recently, all boards/all PCs yielded the same ''cannot connect to ST-Link'' message.

I reinstalled/updated USB/JTAG drivers, to no effect.

Did these free IDEs come with a time limit or something?

Even if they did, since the other recommended IDE for use with the onboard JTAG interface all use the driver in the Atollic package, is all of this now broken?

Help?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 02:42

Make sure you have selected SWD mode. That the driver and firmware are matched. Use the ST-Link utilities.

If you are unsure of the code on the devices, reset them with BOOT0 high and erase. The will run the System Loader instead of broken code on the device.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
benedikt2
Associate
Posted on May 30, 2013 at 21:03

Thanks, I'll try that. But note that each and every board does this (current code on the F4 boards are the record/play demo and the factory accel./mouse demo, and a lightly altered version of the factory current-measurement/LP-mode demo on the LCD boards), and I'm pretty sure for at least 2 of the 3 PCs that the last time I touched this, the very same IDE version (post-update) was used to load the exact same demo code into these boards.

So nothing changed, except the date... (1+ year, actually)

Posted on May 30, 2013 at 21:18

I have no idea if Atollic is time limited, it's not a chain I care for.

Suggest you test with ST-Link utilities, which isn't tied to any other package, if that fails consider driver/firmware issues.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..