cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Wi-Fi with stm32f407 UART Problem

manjae
Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2016 at 11:12

I have difficulty handling Discover Wi-Fi. 

Currently, I am using keil vision and stm32f407 as a host mcu device Also, I am trying to modify the example code but it is not working well. 

I need help and advice. In the example, PB6 and PB7 are used to communicate with host mcu. 

Unfortunately, I have already assigned these pins to the another function. 

So I changed and tried several times such as UART1 to UART2, UART1 to UART3 and UART1 to UART1(PA9,PA10).

Surprisingly, It is only operated in PB6,PB7.... Does anybody know what happen in here and how to change it?

I tried the EWW website and others... it did not work.. I am really looking forward to meeting your answer. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Lead
Posted on March 02, 2016 at 10:21

> Only I struggle that is UART between STM32 and SN8200(WIFI).

> Is it possible that SN8200 is only working UART1 with STM32?

The SN8200 WiFi module I found does mention UART , but only as optional in the datasheet (''GPIO or UART''). Perhaps you need to configure your module correctly.

Or, since RTS/CTS pins are also featured, you might need to configure hardware flow control.

manjae
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2016 at 12:03

>but only as optional in the datasheet (''GPIO or UART''). Perhaps you need >to configure your module correctly.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, I am tying to correct the code GPIO to UART in the SN8200 but I have not done yet.

I spent much time but I need more time to change GPIO to UART in the SN8200

Thanks.