cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug problem

poli
Associate
Posted on June 17, 2015 at 20:38

i use st-link2 to debug my board (with swdio (pa13)/swclk (pa14)), i can program without problem, but when i start debug and program set pa13 as output pushpull the debug hangs.

On my board pa13 is also connected on the cs pin of mcp23s17.

is possible debug using pa13/pa14 with other component connected on this pins? there are suggestions/precaution about this? how i can make his functional?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Posted on June 17, 2015 at 20:53

i use st-link2 to debug my board (with swdio (pa13)/swclk (pa14)), i can program without problem, but when i start debug and program set pa13 as output pushpull the debug hangs. On my board pa13 is also connected on the cs pin of mcp23s17.

is possible debug using pa13/pa14 with other component connected on this pins? there are suggestions/precaution about this? how i can make his functional?

If it works up until you reconfigure the pin you're using, Then don't do that...

It's definitely going to be problematic, and clearly a very poor design choice for your board. It's going to be an issue for the MCP23S17 more than the STM32

You can use a USART to output diagnostic and telemetry information as a means to understand what's going on inside your board. If you want the SWD single step and breakpoint functionality, you'll need to forego the use of the pin for the MCP23S17

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..