cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cutable pcb

John Griswold
Senior
Posted on September 19, 2017 at 16:00

I am using both Nucleo-64 and Nucleo-144 boards in my project. On the Nucleo-64, the cutable PCB has been removed, and signals from CN6 on the cutoff board were tied to the Morpho connector as outlined in the docs. (NRST, SWCLK, SWDIO, and ground). The board is powered via the +5 inputs.

I get an error message indicating that the device cannot be programmed - 'Cannot Load Flash Programming Algorithm'.

The wiring has been double checked, so we think that's OK. Is the ground possibly screwing this up?

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Posted on September 19, 2017 at 22:45

Yes, the CN3 header is not the same thing connected to the MCU. SWDIO has two paths to manage the bidirectional signal.

Consider the use of a stand-along ST-LINK which provides a VTarg (Target Voltage) to power the level shifters on the pod

Pg 49

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/ff/5d/51/50/db/12/47/98/DM00387966/files/DM00387966.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00387966.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on September 27, 2017 at 21:51

Thanks for the link. As it turns out, this is working well enough,  so I'm not inclined to 'fix it'.