cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX can't update and generate source code

Rock Deng
Associate III
Posted on May 30, 2018 at 09:50

CubeMX pop up the message 'updater is already in use and checking server. Then please retry launching the Updater after few seconds'. It has been always checking and nothing updated. Because of that issue, there is no firmware available and it can't generate source code.

How to fix that issue? 

OS version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

CubeMX version: 4.25.1

11 REPLIES 11
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 07:26

Hi Rock Deng,

i appreciate your tip and i am sure that will be helpful for someone else, but my proxy settings were off from the beginning and as i said, i made an exception in my firewall too. So i have made no changes in my computer settings and anyway the software work perfect since yesterday, so i assume that the STM team have worked in their servers or over something remotely.

Thanks again and i am glad that the both of us have solved our issues with STMcubeMX 

Posted on June 04, 2018 at 09:53

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you both.

As an information, when you open CubeMX, the updater will check automatically the new updates. and here is updater job in background.

0690X0000060L5sQAE.png

So, that's why when you try ,for example to change the updater setting, a pop up message appears. It's recommended to let the updater finish his checking until you get this new view below. 

0690X0000060L5xQAE.png

Finally, you can check your log file under this directory: C:\Users\mohamed mansouri\.stm32cubemx

0690X0000060L62QAE.png

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details.

Best Regards,

Mohamed.