cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling 3 BLDCs on a single board? Which MCU to choose?

BCamp.2
Associate

Hi all,

I need to control 3 BLDCs on one board. I found that in order to precisely control BLDCs, you need a board with special motor control timers. I have only been able to find boards with two of these timers (Example NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q) but I need one with THREE. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BCamp.2​ and welcome to the Community 🙂;

A similar question is already asked here.

There are MCUs having 3 advanced control timers like STM32F303xD/xE, STM32F398VE,  STM32G474xB/xC/xE, STM32G473xB/xC/xE, STM32G484xE, STM32G483xE, STM32G491xC/xE and STM32G4A1xE MCUs.

For more explanation please refer to AN4013 "STM32 cross-series timer overview" and precisely Using the break function with other MCU resources Section.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar  

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BCamp.2​ and welcome to the Community 🙂;

A similar question is already asked here.

There are MCUs having 3 advanced control timers like STM32F303xD/xE, STM32F398VE,  STM32G474xB/xC/xE, STM32G473xB/xC/xE, STM32G484xE, STM32G483xE, STM32G491xC/xE and STM32G4A1xE MCUs.

For more explanation please refer to AN4013 "STM32 cross-series timer overview" and precisely Using the break function with other MCU resources Section.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar  

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.