cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DSI pins on STM32H747 be left unconnected if not used?

MRobi
Associate II

I have a project with a STM32H747. I don't use the DSI functionality. I left DSI_CKP, DSI_D0P, DSI_D1N, DSI_D0N, DSI_CKN, and DSI_D1P unconnected. Can I also leave VDDDSI and VCAPDSI unconnected?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @MRobi 

If the DSI functionality is not used in your STM32H747 MCU project, the DSI pins DSI_CKP, DSI_D0P, DSI_D1N, DSI_D0N, DSI_CKN, and DSI_D1P can be left unconnected. However, it is recommended to ground these pins to avoid potential issues such as increased power consumption.

As for the VDDDSI and VCAPDSI pins, they should not be left unconnected. The VDDDSI pin must be connected to the global VDD, and the VCAPDSI pin must be connected externally to VDD12DSI, but the external capacitor is not needed if DSI is not used. The VSSDSI pin must be grounded.

Cheers,

STOne-32 {Nova}

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @MRobi 

If the DSI functionality is not used in your STM32H747 MCU project, the DSI pins DSI_CKP, DSI_D0P, DSI_D1N, DSI_D0N, DSI_CKN, and DSI_D1P can be left unconnected. However, it is recommended to ground these pins to avoid potential issues such as increased power consumption.

As for the VDDDSI and VCAPDSI pins, they should not be left unconnected. The VDDDSI pin must be connected to the global VDD, and the VCAPDSI pin must be connected externally to VDD12DSI, but the external capacitor is not needed if DSI is not used. The VSSDSI pin must be grounded.

Cheers,

STOne-32 {Nova}

MRobi
Associate II

Thank you very much for the quick and thorough answer!

MRobi
Associate II

What about the BGA packages without VDD12DSI? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious in the datasheet.

in that case , to leave VCAPDSI unconnected .
IMG_6225.jpeg