cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Free IDE for programming STM32F769I-DISCO with cubeMX generated firmware?

dheerajdake9
Associate III
Posted on December 15, 2016 at 08:28

Hello everyone,

I have the STM32F769I-DISCO board with LCD on it. The CubeMX has options to generate firmware for the following toolchains:

1. EWARM

[requires a paid license]

2. MDK

[works without license but the IDE is lagging on my computer], P.S- I have a gaming machine with beastly performance.

3. Truestudio

[free, the best IDE so far for me. I am able to write code and launch through this IDE]

4. SW4STM32

[This is the worst toolchain. Inspite of being supported by the STM community, it has several bugs. I was unable to compile the firmware generated by cubeMX. It throws lots of errors.]

For some reasons, the printf is not working in Truestudio. That's why I am looking at the most preferred environment for programming this board.

Sorry to say this, but the firmware examples are very bad. Please include examples which will ease our development.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
23 REPLIES 23
Posted on February 06, 2017 at 01:08

Sorry I missed one of your replies. The printf works on Keil with a different board and on a different computer. I was able to use the code posted by Georgeand use the printf through UART. I had some problems with it but I was able to add some print statements and see the output in the COM port.

AVI-crak
Senior
Posted on February 08, 2017 at 12:17

No perfect ID, is a myth.

Those who create such a myth - it is necessary to shoot a little bit.

Any selected ID requires knowledge.

After receiving the bare metal programming skills - problem disappear selection ID. You will be able to program any ID.

// Can directly write in Russian?
Posted on February 08, 2017 at 12:55

No perfect ID, is a myth.

Those who create such a myth - it is necessary to shoot a little bit.

Any selected ID requires knowledge.

Quite true.

IDE's are supposed to make things simpler for the 'un-adept'. Actually, they tend to make things much harder once you deviate from the foreseen path ...

// Can directly write in Russian?

Not recommended. Hardly anyone here can read cyrillic letters, let alone decipher words.

I could.

Posted on February 08, 2017 at 14:32

Oh yes, I see it.

Re-transfer is difficult to confuse with something else.