cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino IDE with STM32

YBell.1
Associate II

Please, can you help me on how to solve the problem with the flash Loader Demonstrator, recent I purchase Stm32f103c8 which I wanted to use Arduino IDE to embed the blue pill but the flash demo always showing (no response from the target, the boot loader can not be started. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and the flash protection status. Reset your device then try again)

I checked all my connection it's Okay as mush of the YouTubers had described 

PA10 to TXD

PA9  to RXD

3V3  to 3.3V

GND to GND

and my boot jumpers are 

Boot0 to 1

I used both TTL and FT232 all keep showing the same. I will really appreciate it if you can help me out. here attached is the screenshot of my case. thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @YBell.1​,

Welcome to ST community :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

It seems that you are swapping the pins, USART1_RX pin and USART1_TX pin. I recommend you referring to the AN2606, the 13.1 section will help you solving your problem.

May you also explain why would you like to use both Arduino IDE (STM32duino) and FlashLoader?

Chahinez.

YBell.1
Associate II

Hello ChahinezC,

I wanted to use a USB with stm32 like Arduino (boot loader) to upload the BIN file through Flash loader so that I can be using the Stm32 Arduino bootloader directly from Arduino IDE. Secondly am sure my Connection was right. and I don't what I will do next. But I don't know if possible I can use St-link directly from Arduino IDE to program my STM32 without embedding any codes to stm32 at first use (without conversion the stm32 to be comfortable to Arduino IDE). I will really appreciate it if you can offer more guidance. thank you very much for your response

If you manage to find the generated .bin file by the arduino IDE you can flash it inside your mcu using STMCubeProgrammer with STLINK via SWV pins.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @YBell.1​, 

You can directly use and program STM32 products within Arduino IDE.

You can refer to How to get started with STM32duino article and follow the steps mentioned.

Chahinez