cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an IAR message

MSm
Associate II

hi

I work with IAR application (Ver:8.4) for debugging and programming. Sometimes when I am in debug mode and I try to break and reset micro via iar tool bar, I encounter this message and I am not able to break and I have to reprogram. Could you please tell me whats the reason and how I can prevent this problem. Thanks in advance

0693W000006HK8DQAW.jpg 

#IAR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It sounds like this is due to the limited number of hardware breakpoints available. It's on the order of 4, but depends on the particular chip. I would disable all other breakpoints, or enough of them to stay within the hardware limit, and see if the error clears this up.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Not really an IAR forum.

Which STM32?

Do you use breakpoints? Can you clear them before restarting?

Use your own breakpoint routines (via BKPT) and diagnostic/telemetry output.

Uncheck "Run to main()", use key input or loops to allow you to stop at known checkpoints.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

It sounds like this is due to the limited number of hardware breakpoints available. It's on the order of 4, but depends on the particular chip. I would disable all other breakpoints, or enough of them to stay within the hardware limit, and see if the error clears this up.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".