cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring image from the camera(STM3241G-EVAL)

Diwakar Ragupathy Raj
Associate II
Posted on March 26, 2018 at 11:33

I am doing an image processing project inSTM3241G-EVAL Evaluation board with STM32F417IG MCU. Can somebody help in guiding me how to acquire the image from the camera on the evaluation board?

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
16 REPLIES 16
Posted on April 05, 2018 at 13:23

great thanks a lot for your help. I will try this and let you know.

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 13:36

Diwakar Ragupathy Raj wrote:

this is my bachelor thesis project 

So you do have teachers to help you!

Most importantly, you should discuss with your teachers whether your project idea is appropriate to the course requirements and to your level of experience.

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 13:39

Diwakar Ragupathy Raj wrote:

I will try this and let you know.

This is a little confusing!

The original suggestions were that you try the examples - you say you've done that, but 'didn't succeed'.

Now

Turvey.Clive.002

‌ is just pointing you again to the examples - so had you not actually tried them?

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 13:50

>> but 'didn't succeed'

I assumed the horse went down at the first fence...

Like speaking to a Frenchman in English, if at first you don't succeed try slower and louder...

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 05, 2018 at 14:36

Not sure if a Cortex M board is the proper device for your stated goal, I would have chosen a Cortex A board with embedded Linux, and openCV.

With the current choice, I suspect most of your bachelor work will involve circumventing hardware and ressource limitations, and not pattern recognition.

Getting down to money, a Cortex A5 is about the same price range as high-end M4 and M7.

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 15:11

Not sure if a Cortex M board is the proper device for your stated goal

Indeed

I would have chosen a Cortex A board with embedded Linux, and openCV.

A Raspberry Pi would seem the obvious choice for a project like this.

Again, this is the kind of thing which should have been discussed with the supervisor at the proposal stage.

I suspect most of your bachelor work will involve circumventing hardware and ressource limitations, and not pattern recognition.

Which, again, is the kind of thing that should have come out in discussion with the supervisor

at the proposal stage.

a Cortex A5 is about the same price range as high-end M4 and M7.

Indeed.

And, I suspect, A Raspberry Pi is cheaper than the 

STM3241G-EVAL Evaluation board

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 18:49

The Raspberry would not be my prime selection (because of a few poor design choices), but surely a much better one.

A great advantage is the number of available software packages (mostly free), and the large, active community.