cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK 6.1.1 - Trouble changing default pins

giordano_walker
Associate

Hello!

I'm working on a prototype using FOC, and I got everything working with the following scheme:
NUCLEO-F401RE, Custom Power Board, CubeIDE 1.12.1, CubeMX 6.8.0, Motor Pilot 1.1.12 and MCSDK 6.1.2.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing but with the STM32F401CCU6 (48-UQFPN). I'm importing the first project that works, but in order to import the same project I need to relocate the current sensing pins, since on the Nucleo they are on PortC (that are not present on the 48-pin MCU). I couldn't find a straightforward way to do this, and just relocating the pins in CubeMX isn't working (even though I'm making sure everything has exactly the same configuration as before).

I've already looked a lot in the official documentation of this version of the SDK about pin reallocation, and I wasn't successful.

Any kind of help would be appreciated! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

I'm assuming those pins are used as ADCs. Identify open ADC pins on your new chip and assign those instead. You'll need to change the relevant code such that those pins/channels are used instead of the previous ones, which is likely going to take more work than a few clicks in the GUI.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
giordano_walker
Associate

Here are the pinout of the Nucleo, and in red are the pins that I'm trying to realocate

giordano_walker_0-1692388743060.png

TDK
Guru

I'm assuming those pins are used as ADCs. Identify open ADC pins on your new chip and assign those instead. You'll need to change the relevant code such that those pins/channels are used instead of the previous ones, which is likely going to take more work than a few clicks in the GUI.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".