cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run a small induction motor with STEVAL-CTM012V1

Dense505
Associate II

I am trying to run a small, three phase induction motor from a single phase supply. The STEVAL-CTM012V1 has more than enough power rating. I have wasted hours trying to get something working. All the files I can download seem to want to do fancy FOC for PM motors.

Can you help me with any code example or app note or other resource for basic induction motor open loop V/F control with the hardware that I have?

I have tried all of the firmware that I can find for the CTM012 eval board but it is only for PM motors with FOC.

I have tried creating projects in MCSDK 5.Y.4 and choosing ACIM but that only seems to work with STM32G4, I selected the Control Unit as STSPIN32F0601 but the generated code was full of references to STM32G4 and I spent hours trying to reconcile those but never got it working.

It seems this should be not so difficult.

I have the hardware, I can program it, I have had the MC_SDK_5.4.8 monitor working with the hardware and reading the DC bus voltage correctly but I cannot make the motor run.

1 REPLY 1
Dense505
Associate II

With the start-up parameter "Rev-up to FOC switch-over" set to it's max value of 2000ms, the motor will start to turn, for about 2 sec and then give a "speed feedback" fault.

Is it possible to get the PM FOC to work with an induction motor?

How should I set the parameters?