cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about a little help connecting to a STEVAL-SPIN3202, thanks!

KCart.1
Associate

I'm a total novice with all ST hardware and software so hopefully this one will be an easy fix for the experts out there.

Forget spinning a motor, I can't get the Motor Control Workbench to even talk with my STEVAL-SPIN3202 board. I've added some pics of my config and hardware setup. There's some kind of Tx/Rx talk going on but it's obviously not happy. The board documentation is either lacking, or just expects the reader to have more of an idea of what's expected than I do.

My issues currently are:

No comms.

Double blinking yellow LEDS on the USER buttons for which there is literally no explanation for in the manuals I've read.

Readme.txt telling me to load the binary image I've created onto the board, but not actually explaining how or where to do that.

A couple of pin jumpers fell off during postage so maybe I've got them mixed around. Haven't found a combination which makes any difference.

I've got the motor supply terminals hooked up to a 24V and I'm measuring roughly the correct voltages on all the test posts so I don't think I've cooked anything with all my prodding yet.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

0693W00000APKirQAH.jpg0693W00000APKihQAH.png0693W00000APKicQAH.png0693W00000APKiXQAX.png0693W00000APKiSQAX.png

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @KCart.1​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup -the material you use- ?

(HW and also SW: CPU(s), tools and versions, board(s), motor(s) and so on)

And more especially what version of STM32 MC tools you are using (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear  @KCart.1​ 

Have you taken a look at our website "STM32 Motor Control Knowledge Database" which is just starting up but which contains FAQs and tutorials? (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Category:Motor_Control).

You can also find a lot of resources on the "MC-Suite" web tool. (https://www.st.com/st-mc-suite/home/#/index)

Best regards

Laurent Ca...