cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG HS Host in Mode FS internal PHY and USB OTG FS Device

romybompart
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 19:14

I�m trying to use the STM32F407 as Host and Device simultaneously, my hardware configuration is the following:

-PA12, PA11, PA9 OTG FS as a Device 

- PB14, PB15 OTG HS as a Host with Embedded PHY 

If I define the preprocessor symbols: 

USE_USB_OTG_HS and USE_USB_OTG_FS

The USB works ok as a Host, and the Device goes on and off, It seems that it is going to work but at the end the computer doesn't recognize it. 

Also, I have tested defining just the preprocessor macro USE_USB_OTG_FS, and in this case the USB works well as a Device. I believe that the library is only implemented to work in HS or FS Mode

So, this is my question, Does any body has implemented USB as a device and host simultaneously using separated peripheral ? I mean i want to use the HS as Host with no external PHY and the FS as a Device.

#stm32f4 #usb #usb #usb #usb #stm32f407 #otg #host #host
15 REPLIES 15
anil2
Associate
Posted on March 13, 2014 at 14:11

Hi Bompart.Romy, 

Can you help us about using mix USB OTG HS HOST and USB OTG FS DEVICE with ST USB OTG library?

vlr
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2015 at 12:26

Hi bompart.romy,

i

'm studying

for my

university thesis

the

USB

-

OTG

and I would be

interested in your

project

You can

send it

by mail

?

It would need

to understand

some of the settings

of the USB

-

OTG for STM32f407.

Thank you :)

Posted on May 20, 2018 at 10:35

Hi Bompart.Romy, 

I also need help implementing a USB OTG HOST and USB OTG DEVICE with the ST USB OTG library.

In my case I need the USB HS operating as the device, and the FS as the USB host.

I have each working separately from the Device CDC standalone and Host HID standalone application examples.

My merge has the mouse working with USB HID FS, but only the first ASCIII text from my PC is received and responded to by the EVAL board on the USB HS (CDC VCP peripheral).

Can you help please?

Posted on May 21, 2018 at 11:55

HI cakali.anil,

Was Bompart.Romy able to help you about using mix USB OTG HS HOST and USB OTG FS DEVICE with ST USB OTG library?

I have a similar task.

Posted on May 21, 2018 at 11:57

Hi Ragazzi.Valerio,

Was Bompart.Romy able to help you about using mix USB OTG HS HOST and USB OTG FS DEVICE with ST USB OTG library?

I have a similar task.

Thanks

Posted on May 21, 2018 at 12:07

Hi Steven,

It would be better to create a new thread in which you describe the issue you're facing.

Khouloud.