Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG HOST Enumoration

iozho
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2011 at 12:58

Hi:

I got stuck trying to use STM32 Connective line controller towork as a USB HOST. If I attach flash drive the device attaching is detectedbut the enumeration is not working. USB Control packet is send but the devicealways returns URB_STALL (as per USB OTG flag). I tried different devices sameresult.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks,

Konstantin

#off-topic #old-thread #usb-host-library-enumeration
16 REPLIES 16
iozho
Associate II
Posted on June 20, 2011 at 08:21

It is gcc 4.5.2.

Posted on June 23, 2011 at 12:53

Hi Konstantin, 

I'm encountering the same issue. Can you share your actual fix ?

thanks in advance

fred

iozho
Associate II
Posted on June 23, 2011 at 13:57

Just eliminate the uint16_t_uint8_t type and substitute with uint16_t and change the code where it is being used. Example:

typedef union _USB_Setup

{

uint8_t d8[8];

struct _SetupPkt_Struc

{

uint8_t           bmRequestType;

uint8_t           bRequest;

uint16_t        wValue;

uint16_t        wIndex;

uint16_t      wLength;

} b;

USB_Setup_TypeDef;  

I have to warn you that I am still encountering problems with this firmware and it seems nobody ever bothered to test how the code behaves when GCC is used as compiler.

Thanks,

Konstantin

alok472
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2011 at 15:48

This is strange ! Does it mean that GCC is not able to compile/recognise the union...? Changing the union type to uint16_16 will probably affect other parts to code.

By the way, Petrov, can you share with us the firmware you want to run ? Mass-storage or HID ? Do you have any other compiler, for which the workspace is already available in library ?

I tried mass-storage and HID both with IAR, it works fine ! The project was already available in the lib ;-))

yskim2
Associate II
Posted on October 28, 2011 at 07:37

Hi alokm

Did you connect USB keyboard?

I tried to connect to keyboard with STM3210C-Eval board but didn't get keyboard data.

Get VID, PID and Enumeration was done propely.

What's wrong?

Thanks.

chandu1
Associate II
Posted on July 26, 2014 at 14:58

Hi Every one,

I am currently working with the STM32F407 USB OTG FS, here my problem is whenever i was writing packet in to the TX FIFO channel disable bit is set in to the Channel characteristic register.

then in the channel ISR its enter into the TX ERROR interrupt and then channel is halted.            why it is happening like this, i don't understand this problem.

I changed the my code according to your previous posts but it is not working.can any one please explain about this.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandu.Kurapati.

Posted on July 26, 2014 at 17:48

Please don't dig up 3 year old posts when you have already posted in the here-and-now with your own thread.

Your thread will either be answered by current participants in the forum, or it won't.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..