cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring 100Mbit/sec from STM32F76x to PC

Roy Ben Hayun
Associate II

Hi,

We need to transfer big amount of data from an STM32F76x connected to a PC. The expected transfer rate of data is 100Mbit/sec (100 mega bit per second).

Few basic questions

• is it possible to transfer in such rates?
  • can\should it be done over LWIP?
  • can\should it be done using another mechanism (UART\USB\other)?
  • can\should a DMA be used as well?

We do not have experience with such requirement so any advice on how to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

12.5 MB/s (100mb/s) should be achievable in some form. DMA desirable.

USB would need a High Speed PHY

With USBSTOR (MSC) you could probably pretend to by a CDROM type device and pull the data off that way.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Roy Ben Hayun
Associate II

Thanks Clive. If I understand correctly, this mode will enable storing the data on the PC, via USB.

WRT to networking options - could 100mb/s succeed with either TCP or UDP over LWIP?

• In the case of TCP, could packets loss rate be an issue for achieving 100mb/s rates?
  • Any recommended protocols to control data transfer over LWIP e.g., MQTT, any other options?

Roy Ben Hayun
Associate II

Thanks Clive. If I understand correctly, this mode will enable storing the data on the PC, via USB.

WRT to networking options - could 100mb/s succeed with either TCP or UDP over LWIP?

• In the case of TCP, could packets loss rate be an issue for achieving 100mb/s rates?
  • Any recommended protocols to control data transfer over LWIP e.g., MQTT, any other options?

Roy Ben Hayun
Associate II

• In the case of TCP, could packets loss causing more round trips be an issue for achieving 100mb/s rates?