cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The USB VBUS doesn't work. It is not recognized.

MAlon.2
Associate

I've been programming with a STM32F407G, but the USB VBUS doesn't work. It is not recognized by my computer. It connects and disconnects. I changed the micro USB cable, I updated the firmware of the board, I tried to connect the board in another computer, I also bought another board to check it, but It has the same problem.

I also want to say that the other USB connection works perfectly, that's why I could upgrade the firmware, but I do need to use the other one.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkhJpQAI.png

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Mizael Alonso Pérez​  and welcome to the Community :) ,

Is the USB device detected by the PC?

Which error did you find? It is "error code 10" ?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MAlon.2
Associate

Hello! Thank you so much!

It doesn't show any error code. I checked it in the COM port and It doesn't show anything. It's sounds like I'm connecting and disconnectig the device over and over again. I also want to add that I tried it with 3 different cables, boards and computers.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Mizael Alonso Pérez​,

Could you please:

Check your power supply and try to change your USB cable.

Also try to verify the LD7 and LD8 status:

• USB LD7: green LED indicates when VBUS is present on CN5 and is connected to PA9 of the STM32F407VGT6.
  • USB LD8: red LED indicates an over-current from VBUS of CN5 and is connected to the I/O PD5 of the STM32F407VGT6.

Check connectivity options and the jumper position on the board (according to the UM1472)

May be this FAQ help you: USB device not recognized.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.