cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7A3 USB not working in CDC mode (Virtual COM Port)

GS1
Senior III

Hi all,

in my new project with STM32H7A3 (set up using STMCubeMX Version 6.2.0 and HAL Version 1.9.0) the USB which has been set to CDC is not working. Not even the PC sees any USB device connected - not even wrong configuration or so noted. Nothing seen on PC in Device Manager when the USB is connected.

The device is set with Internal FS Phy in Device Mode, Speed = Full Speed, VBus Sensing Enabled, all USB-Device settings configured with default values.

When stepping through the code I see, that the Init routine (CDC_Init_HS) is not called by the HAL setup.

In my other project with H743 the USB is working and the Init routine is called correctly (but with an older HAL version).

Can anyone confirm that the CDC class is working with the new HAL version on STM32H7A3 ?

Any help on how to set up the USB as VCP with this processor is very welcome.

GS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Walid,

The USB is now working with the new board, new HAL and H7A3. There was a soldering problem on the board. After this was fixed I had to change some settings in the cube setup and then it worked. Thank you anyway.

Best regards

GS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @GS@S​ ,

Can you please share your example for further check?

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hello Walid,

The USB is now working with the new board, new HAL and H7A3. There was a soldering problem on the board. After this was fixed I had to change some settings in the cube setup and then it worked. Thank you anyway.

Best regards

GS

Good news! thank you for the information :)